Carpet Fibers: Selections Affect Carpet End Use Performance
- Nylon: two types, nylon 6.6 and nylon 6 are used in carpet.
- Nylon carpet can produce a variety of color schemes.
- Nylon is luxurious and h as soft hand
- Nylon has excellent resiliency, durability and abrasion resistance
- Nylon has texture retention
- Nylon has good resistance to stains and soiling. It is suitable for all traffic.
- Solution dye nylons have excellent color fastness which increases stain cleaning
Carpet Fibers and Stain Resistance
Olefins carpet fiber are inherently resistant to staining and moisture. It is also color fast.
Polyester carpet fiber is soft and has excellent color fastness. Polyester carpet fibers are likewise inherently stain resistant. Consider whether you have pets or children with lots of traffic in your home.
Or perhaps there is lots of traffic in your office or workspace. Using Olefins can significantly reduce the wear and tear on your carpet.
Polyester carpet fibers are also very durable, resist fading and maintain texture retention and resiliency.
The type of fiber used in carpet has a significant impact on it’s durability, stain resistance and appearance.
Choosing carpet with these considerations can mean the difference in lasting beauty and quality in your home bringing you years of satisfaction and enjoyment.
If you need assistance, Builder’s Floors and Interiors can help you make the right decision the first time and save you years of regret and disappointment in choosing the right carpet fibers for your carpet flooring needs.