Decorating Secrets that affect a room
- Room Color can affect our mood and thoughts everyday
- Certain colors affect most people depending upon their age and gender
- The overall shade and tone used affects the room the most
Decorating Secrets help reflect persons personalities and likes by their choices
- Choosing the right combination of colors is the trick
- color can change the size and shape of furnishings as
- well as the perceived size of the room
To develop your decorating secrets plan you must
Remember that each color you choose has a psychological value. A
color can make you feel tranquil or excited. Fabric, carpet
furniture and tile have limited colors so it is wise to choose
them initially and then choose a paint color to coordinate with them.
Pick no more than 3 or 4 colors in your room so that it doesn’t look
too busy or cluttered to confuse your eye perception.
You can develop your Decorating Secrets by noting that colors
are either active, passive or neutral. Light colors are expansive
and give an airy feeling. They make rooms seem larger and brighter.
- Dark color are warm and sophisticated and give large room an
- intimate feeling of closeness.
Specific colors and how they affect your mood:
- Red is a high energy color. It stirs up excitement and stimulates
- Crimson can be irritating to some evoking hostility
- It can break down harmony and peace
- Yellow screams of sunshine and happiness.
- Yellow does well in kitchens, dining and bathrooms as it is energizing
- Blue slows down respiration and the heart rate in some
- Blue is calming and relaxing and recommended for bedrooms
- Remember that light blues can look icy and should be balanced with
- warm hues in furnishings and fabrics.
- Dark blue makes some feel sad
- Green is restful to the eye.
- Sage greens can cool thing down in a ktichen
- Green results in calmness and warmth and relieves stress to relax.
- Purple in its darkest shades is dramatic such as eggplant colors
- Purple is sophisticated and evokes creativity
- Orange is enthusiastic and exciting. It brings emotions out
- Neutrals, black, gray and white are a must in decorating secrets
- Neutrals need color to liven them up. black is best in small amounts.
- Use these decorating secrets to make your environment pleasing!