SPOT REMOVAL TIPS
Today I want to give you some very helpful spot removal tips to help you maintain the appearance and usefulness of your carpet. A few extra minutes to add these tips to your routine will work wonders.
- Mix l/4 tsp clear hand dish-washing detergent with 1 cup warm water. Use a clear, non-bleach liquid dish-washing detergent as Dawn, Joy, or Clear Ivory to clean carpet
- Hydrogen Peroxide l/2 cup with one tsp household ammonia; non-sudsy; use on carpet within two hours
- l part white vinegar to one part water to blot on carpet stain
- One Tablespoon Ammonia to one cup water to reduce staining of carpet
- Solvent; liquid, non oily, on caustic type for spot removal from garments for carpet spots. Do not apply directly to carpet to prevent damage to your carpet fibers.
INSURING YOUR CARPET’S APPEARANCE
Carpet requires proper care which requires following a few simple rules to insure the enduring beauty of your carpet.
- Keep the dirt/soil out of your carpet, Use mats at entrances and other areas where dirt and dust can appear.
- Keep your sidewalks and entrances clear of excessive dirt.
- Vacuum your carpet frequently. Use a carpet cleaner with a rotating brush or beater bar to agitate the pile and mechanically loosen soil particles. Read your warranty and care sheets for friezes with long shaggy fibers of carpet. Be cautious of overly aggressive action that might damage your carpet fibers
SPOTS AND SPILLS ON YOUR CARPET
- Remove spots and spills as soon as possible as they may discolor your carpet fibers
- Some stains leave a sticky residue that results in increased soiling if not removed from your carpet
- Take fast action to remove all stains from your carpet